|Red Yeast Rice (Monascus Purpureus)|
• Patients taking other cholesterol-lowering medications should consult a healthcare provider before taking red yeast rice-containing products.
• Red yeast rice contains the HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor mevinolin; therefore should not be taken at the same time as prescription HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (statins) as this may result in excessive levels of this cholesterol-lowering substance.
• Due to the presence of mevinolin in red yeast rice, users should consider undergoing periodic monitoring of liver function.
• Individuals with a history of liver disease and pregnant or lactating women should consult their healthcare provider prior to taking this product.
• Red Yeast Rice is contraindicated in individuals with a hypersensitivity or allergy to rice or yeast.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS:
• Heartburn, abdominal discomfort or bloating
• Body aches or stiffness
• This supplement is generally well tolerated.
• If you develop severe muscle pain, tenderness or weakness, especially if associated with flu-like symptoms, stop red yeast rice and call your healthcare provider as soon as possible.
• Avoid grapefruit juice or excessive alcohol while taking red yeast rice.
• Dosage: • Each tablet contains 600 mg of Red Yeast Rice.
• Take 2 tablets (1200mg) twice a day.
WHERE TO BUY:
• Cholesteneä by High Performance Formulas is recommended and available at:
www.hpfonline.com Phone 1-215-321-8170
www.healthyorigins.com Phone 1-888-228-6650
• Since the FDA does not regulate nutritional supplements, other formulations of red yeast rice may or may not be as effective as the High Performance Formulas brand.